Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day 5 - One in Heart...One in Prayer, part 2

Together we gather in homes with the families of the Capljina church…share our stories and pray with one another. There is a bond in our hearts that only Jesus provides.


We stand united with Zora, our dear sister who just lost her husband Stipe, who requires heart surgery; Tiho, Lidija and their family as they suffer the pain of losing their son Ervin, 32 in a car accident this past January. He left three children and wife Mila…crushed and broken. How it broke our hearts to see the tears of this young widow and we prayed for God’s peace and comfort to envelope her and the children; and Robert, Emina and their family who have suffered so tragically (losing three of their children) and yet they shared that the 'finger of God' can be seen through it all…they count it for gain…as Christ revealed Himself so clearly to them. They cling to the promise that they will once again see the smiles of their little ones and share in Christ's kingdom forever. Before we arrived the team members were asked to find a scripture verse representing our trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina. God spoke in these verses.

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. Phil 1:3-8

No comments: